firefox & modem dial-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
I am trying to set pc up with firefox, but when I click to start the program it does not automatically dial up the modem, is there a setting to do this?
Similarly, when finished browsing, when i close firefox, I would like the pc to disconnect the modem, can I set this up?

This is for my folks pc, I already use firefox with broadband, although i connect before starting browser. But, when I used to IE, it would as requested above.

thanks for quick reply
i live in a different house
i can't find where to set this in firefox, i assume in tools/options.....i've been trying this for months...........?

i tried that earlier tonight, by manually dialling up, then during dialling process selected FF, it still provided the dial-up window, againd behind the FF window (why does this happen, really annoying?!), and modem connected, but FF failed to failed to detect connection......
I hope what you described above works, as this all a little confusing for my folks!!

Setting "always dial my default connection" has always been set.

So why after double clicking FF, does it provide the dial-up window behind the FF window, and does not autiomatically connect.
Also, after ending browsing and closing FF, the modem remains connected, surely this can be set auto disconnect........??

It doesnt auto connect cause it has to accept a password. Most Dial up is done thru some kind of client. Blue Frog, AOL, Compuserve or other. So that client has to open and accept the password to sign on. I dont know if there is anyway even with the "Always dial.." to make that work. Same goes for disconnection. You close Firefox not the dial up client. Since they are both seperate applications you have to close them both seperately.

At least this is from my experience. I havent used Dial up in about 3-5 years. So i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom