Best Desktop Brand and Model (for Second Life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigerus

Beta member
I'm searching for a desktop brand and model under $1000 price range. I'm also searching for one that comes with the video graphics card like nVidia Geforce 2 (32 MB RAM) or higher or ATI Radeon 8500 (32 MB RAM) or higher - these are the only requirements I lacked for this free online game called "Second Life". Also I hope it's too much to know those that best Tech Support and rebate rates, though I'm not interested in building or overclocking.

I would also like to know a list of good companies worth buying from. Opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Summary:

brand
-good quality...not easily broken
-good tech support/warranty
-other important factors

model
-supports ati radeon 5500/6600 (as long as it is between nvidia geforce 2 and ati radeon 8500)

best deals for that model
-online and in the stores
-below $1000

Thank you very much.

Well if you build your own you get exactly what you want and it maybe cheaper. Although that does require quite a bit of knowladge of computers. I would still recommend you build your own just ask for advice. But if you still wanna buy one then get it from evesham or watford electronics if you live in the u.k. if you don't i can't help ya. Email me if you live in the u.k. and i'll tell you more.:D

dont get intergrated graphics

and that means, ANY intel-made graphics chipsets SUCKS for gaming

Well, is it safe to buy unbranded computers- like the tech support and warranty? Also, like what p0werslave said, I'm not interested in building, but buying under $1000 for a desktop that at least meets the requirements for playing "Second Life", which can be found here:

http://secondlife.com/corporate/sysreqs.php

I'm also doing research, but would like to hear opinions as well on what I ought to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom