Couple of Problem with my Computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev545

Beta member
Ok,

I just bought a new computer and I'm having loads of problems with it.

1. I do not know what my video is and I can't install any drivers. The drivers were installed before, but I had to reinstall Windows XP because the computer would restert and restart all over again for some stupid reason.

2. I have problems with my sound. For some reason it's not working and I'm conluding it's because I don't have drivers installed.

3. I'm having trouble with my internet. I have a router and I'm with Cogeco. On my 2.4 my internet speed was over 2000 kps even if it was conneced with 3 other computer. Now with all the computers connected to the router, my internet speed is 400 kps and if I connect my computer only, my speed is 1000 kps.

4. Now this problem is driving me crazing and it's not only doing it on 1 computer. Most of the time, when I start the computer, there is an unclosable window that apears with a 1 minute countdown. It says for some reason the system hs to shut down. It's also doing the same thing on another computer.

Thanks.

#4 sounds like a variant of the blaster virus. that could also be the answer to all your other problems. install the hard disk to another computer to save any files you need to another disk or storage medium.

very important: before backup is performed scan the files with an anti-virus program to make sure they are not infected before you copy them to other computer. if you do not, your backup will infect your other machine. you can also use knopixx and TCP/IP transfer backup files over network.

re-install operating system or use restore CD. perform full system scan with norton anti-virus or mcafee viruscan. if you have no data to backup or if you can fit it to floppies or burn to CD than you do not need a second computer to backup. this is safer because no risk of spreading infection to other computer.

Yup, that's it. Wow, I got to be lucky to get a virus right after I reinstall completely Windows XP. Like I said, the two computers infected both are clean so I have nothing to save. I'll just format and reinstall widows completely.

The easy solution.:)

Ok, I just formated and reinstalled Windows XP and the Blaster Virus is still there with this exact window that pops up almost every minute or so:

system_shutdown.gif

The only thing I installed is the Google Toolbar and I went to install the Windows updates, and POP!

There's nothing new and nothing has changed. I'm getting tired of this stupid virus.:angry:

Uhhh, it just poped up again. 42,41,40,...:(

the virus doesn't affect Windows 98, so if you have a 98 disk lying around, you can temporarily install it, get the blaster patch and scan for viruses without worry, then if ou think you've got rid of the virus go back to XP, make sure you don't have internet connected at the time, and install the blaster patch

Kev545 reinstall your winXP, but disconnect yourself from the internet and see if you are still getting this problem. are you using broadband or 56k?

as i suggested before Kev545, please use an anti-virus program and do a full system scan. after your problem is fixed re-connect your internet. you may have to download files from another computer and burn them to CD or other storage media

ekÆsine said:
Kev545 reinstall your winXP, but disconnect yourself from the internet and see if you are still getting this problem. are you using broadband or 56k?

as i suggested before Kev545, please use an anti-virus program and do a full system scan. after your problem is fixed re-connect your internet. you may have to download files from another computer and burn them to CD or other storage media

Ok, I'll disconnect myself from the Internet since I don't remember if I did it or not. I tried to do a full virus scan put for some reason it would just close everytime.

Right now on the second computer, I"m installing the Windows update and I'll install an Norton Anti-Virus and Zone Alarm Pro.

Let's just hope this works. Thanks a lot guys/gals for the help. :D

to avoid it closing while you do the scan, have a Command Prompt window open and when you see the message, type in the command prompt: shutdown -a . and it will stop it temporarily. have the command prompt window handy though if it happens again. and definitely don't connect to the internet right after you reinstall Windows XP

Thanks for the shutdown -a. I saw it somewhere but I couldn't find it anymore.

I'm going to go crazy!

I reinstalled Windows XP for the fourth time. With the Internet disconnected. When I was finished, I installed Norton Anti-Virus and it worked. I reconnected the Internet and nothing! I was all happy, I got the CD with all the drivers I needed and my Internet speed was over 3 Mbps! With all the computers connected. So I was about to come here to say that everything was going 100% when POP! The stupid virus pops up! Arg!!!!! Now my Internet speed is back like it was. AND I can't make my Anti-Virus work because of this stupid anoying piece of ***** virus that I can't get rid of. So, now I go get the Blaster Virus remover and geuss what?! It doesn't find it on my computer!!!! If I can't get rid of this virus, I'm sending this stupid computer back to the store!

Arg!!! One whole stupid weak-end waisted because of a ******* virus!!

Ahhh, that felt good.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom