Add-in graphics card connector??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamble55

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I recently received a Dell computer. It needed a new hard drive which I put in and I figured it would be good to go. However, when I turn the computer on it goes immediately to a black screen that gives this message:

This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video connector.

To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector. This may require a video adaptor or video adaptor cable. (Provided with the system).
3. Turn on the computer.

So my question is: can I just buy a video adaptor cable for my monitor to hook it up or do I possibly need a new video card? If anyone has any idea what I need or where I could get one I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'd figure a picture would best explain what's going on, so here goes.
The system appears to have a discrete graphics card already installed, but the monitor is plugged into the integrated graphics port?

Attachments

• 1.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,263
Are you sure you need any adapter? If you're sure you do, then yes, you can probably buy an adapter for it and use the installed video card.
I have an adapter on my video card also. They're cheap and very easy to use.
What kind of card do you have? Do you know?
Another option would be to re-enable your onboard video via bios. You wouldn't have to get an adapter, but the graphics would likely be of less quality.

Thanks for the replies.

The monitor plug that I have doesn't fit in the slot shown in the above picture. Do you guys have any ideas on where I could buy an adaptor like that?

Also, how would I "re-enable your onboard video via bios?" If I can just get that to work I wouldn't mind slightly lower graphical power.

All help is appreciated!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom