Help. DVD Rom not reading anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notoriousxpinoy

Beta member
Sigh. Where do I start.. Well my brother let me have his pc. But he told me that his dvd rom doesn't work for some reason(Samsung DVD ROM SD-616Q). Every type of cd and dvd doesn't work at all. You can hear the disc spinning and such. The CPU is almost new(A year and half old).

Heres the thing he's told me. He said he did a complete system restore before. He doesn't use the dvd rom much so could that have done something to registry or anything to the dvd rom. He replaced the video card too(Radeon 9800 pro).

Heres the stuff I've already done. Updated the driver/firmware. Checked to see if anything was disconnected. Uninstalled it then reinstalled automatically.

He's running Windows XP Sp1. Can anyone tell me what's going on... Also everytime I try to click on the dvd drive it says insert CD when it already has a CD/DVD in it.. and the cpu also has a cdrw drive..

Sounds like the drive is bad. Buy a new one. Even if you get it to work sometimes it's still going to give to problems. Try it in a different computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom