CPU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinvo

Baseband Member
I am building a gaming computer and I was wondering which CPU I should go with

X2 4400 or 4000+

I know some games only use one core, but will games in the future like UT2007 use both cores.

Also, if I buy the X2 4400, I am not able to get a 7800 GTX, I would have to get a 7800 GT.

Any help would be much appreciated

I would say go with the 4000+ and the 7800GTX. You might also want to think about getting a Operon 165 from Monarch (apprently they have a good batch there that allows them to be OC'ed like crazy). With my current setup (below) I average 153 fps when using the HL2 source engine with everything maxed out (their stress test). So, the 4000+ will more than make the grade for any game out now (and UT07 when it comes out) especially if you go with the GTX.

I say go with the 4400 and go with the 7800GT. The 7800GT is more than enough for today's games, and that CPU will help you out in the future more than the 10 additonal fps you will get with the 7800GTX. Your video card will also be more easily upgradable in the future than the CPU.

I would also go with the 4400 and the GT. These not much of a difference between the GT and the GTX. The 4400 will also play games that are coming out that use multi threading. It would also be easier to upgrade the video card when you need a better one.

would i need to upgrade my OS to the amd 64 bit version, or would XP professional recgoinize the two cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom