video no work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz202

Baseband Member
I just swapped mobo's in my computer. I used the old components, I am under a strict budget laid down by the warden. I hooked all the power wires up according to what is written on the motherboard. I think the drive cables are connected properly. I only have one card in the expansion slots ( a pci video card). The thing is when I try to power up I have no video. The monitor is working properly, I can hear the puter running, I can hear the hard drive spinning. One other thing that is strange, the red led that indicates the power is on goes out after a minute. Could the jumpers be set incorrectly somewhere? I am new to this sort of thing and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance.

There is no on board video on this motherboard. I tried a second card that I had kicking around to see if it would help. It didn't make any difference. I know the card worked when it came out of the system, that goes for the newer card as well. I've tried the newer card in different pci slots and the older card is agp. As far as the psu goes, It seemed to work fine before. It is only maybe six months old, is there any way of testing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom