[Help] Format Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
self floppy format?

your not doing something right...

the program that you download from bootdisk.com should be windows 98 oem

when you click it, it will ask you to insert a floppy, you do, then it writes it.

after it completes, you boot from it

Yeah I know... thats exactly what I did ... the floppy wrote, and I tried to boot from it and it gives me the dos version error.

Ok I fixed the dos problem.... Now, I reformatted... But im guessing I didn't somehow delete the patrion right or something because that damned virus is still there... Is there anyway to completly and utmostly remove every friggin file off the drive?

Yeah I did.... ran bootdisk on start up... It ran its bull crap, then it stoped with the extention "A:\" so I typed fdisk.exe ... It ran I deleted the patrion and when I started my computer afterwords it said there was patrionable space.... So I reinstalled windows and

Services.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe

are still running on my computer in processes... These are the virus programs... Wtf, do there run on your guy's computers?

not viruses

Windows NT Session Manager
Client Server Runtime Process
Services and Controller app

who told you these were viruses?

Symantec says that those files are part of the W32.sober.x@mm virus...
See a while back (like 2 weeks), the computer kept crashing and I didnt know what the hell, so I did a system restore to find that norton (being re-enalbed by this restore) finds the W32.sober.x@mm virus.... Sure as shit, all my exe's die claiming "There is no assosiation with this file type"...l Aka I was boned.. So I download fxsbr.exe thats suposed to kill this thing.... Doesnt find it but still kills my computer.

Plus svchost.exe is running and that is accosiated with W32. viruses.

post a hijack this log

svchost.exe is not a virus and yet it can be associated with the virus, I bet you have anywhere from 4 to 7 running right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom