Win XP boot screen scrambled and flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

schako01

Beta member
When I startup up my PC I get a weird flickering of the xp logo. it looks like the vertical is out of whack. Horizontal lines and flickering. Looks like the wrong display driver is being used or something. But this goes away as soon as it gets to the welcome screen. I tried a new video card (ATI Radeon 9200) and nothing...
I tried customizing my boot screen and now it is the customized logo that is all out of whack. Could it be something to do with refresh? I have tried all the settings and I left it on 75 Hz (best my monitor can do) Other than this little problem my system runs like a champ... What can I do to fix it...????

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.:amazed:

It sounds like ur monitors 'bout to take a dive .. I don't think it's a display card issue .. Ur monitors just not handling the sync.

If u do have some technical background ... only then try this ..
If u open the back panel of the monitor .. there are 2 potentiometer's for the horizontaal n' vertical sync..
U can pause the display when it goes wrong .. n' then turn these potentiometers till u get a proper picture.

preet2u said:
It sounds like ur monitors 'bout to take a dive .. I don't think it's a display card issue .. Ur monitors just not handling the sync.

If u do have some technical background ... only then try this ..
If u open the back panel of the monitor .. there are 2 potentiometer's for the horizontaal n' vertical sync..
U can pause the display when it goes wrong .. n' then turn these potentiometers till u get a proper picture.

I know you already gave the warning for technical background..but I STRONGLY reccomend you do not do this to avoid harm to yourself. You do not want to go playing inside a monitor with that kind of voltage unless it is your profession..just my $.02.. Yep its time for a new monitor since you already replaced the graphics card you can narrow it to that. If your monitor can only handle a 75Hz it is very old and it would be a good idea to get a new one with that pimpin ass video card you have :) You should be able to run a 1024x768 @200HZ refresh rater with NO problems with that video card and a new monitor.

I have a technical background but I'm not gonna open the monitor... that just sounds crazy... since the monitor works great... the only time i get this is on the boot screen. I'm thinking it is software related. The monitor is 2 years old ... it's a flat screen MAG 15" Is there any way to adjust display setting for this pre windows screen...???

Sorry to tell ya .. but No.... there's no other way u can do this

N' honestly it's not all that complicated to open the monitor n' fix it .. In any case .. if ur havin' second thought 'bout it .. then don't open it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom