HELP! urgent :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
ok, so this isn't the right area, but i need help fast :(

i got this virus (some anti-spyware program disguise) and i pretty much cleaned it up, booted in safe mode, cleaned it with hijackthis, followed some online guides

now i have this microsoft icon thingy in the bottom right tray which says "your computer isn't protected from spyware and virus" and i'd have a popup ffew minutes after i start my computer saying that my firewall is not on and that i'm allowing malicious activity to occur or something

the fishy thing is that it takes me to some antivirus site that i've never heard of, which is un-microsoft like

so what should i do now?

Sounds like the spyware is still there. They are so easily disguiseable as a windows operation these days. I would hurry and back up important files and reformat if the online tools don't work.

you shuold run an antivirus, i had this on my dell :D, it would say your computer is infected with spyware and had a big X with a circle around it icon in the taskbar, i just ran antivir and deleted whatever it saw as a virus and bing bang bo the stupid X thingy disappeared :), download it onto another computer, save it onto a disk, bring it to your computer, and run it :D or backup all your data onto a disk and zap your hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom