Fresh Firmware Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneUSA7

Beta member
Alright, I'm sure I'm going to get some heat. I flashed the firmware on a vinyl cutter I have, updating to the newest version. I've done firmware updates before, and I know the dangers. Anyway, the first time seemed to work fine, but the device wasn't working properly, and I was assured that it would by tech support. So, I assumed I didn't completely install the update or something. I did the firmware update a second time, but obviously something went wrong, or I wouldn't be posting this.

It seems that instead of installing the new firmware, it just blanked what was in the device memory, so now the device isn't recognized on USB. Therefore, I can't do a normal firmware install on it.

My question, after that long story, is this:
Is there a way to install firmware to a device if it's not recognized by the computer? Like a way to do a fresh install, how they'd normally do it during the manufacturing process? I'm a bit out of ideas, and I don't really feel like pulling the motherboard out and sending it back to be repaired... again. (First time it was defective.)

Thanks for any advice.

sPlAtOiD said:
What is a vinyl cutter?

It's something that makes records, it's basicly the CD Burner for records.

However firmware and usb on one of these thing's ???

It's actually something that cuts vinyl stickers. A plotter with a knife on it pretty much. Any ideas on the re-installation of firmware? I assume that it isn't really device related.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom