Windows XP Catalyst install not working for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shake and Bake

Beta member
When I try to install Catalyst 5.12, 5.10 and 4.9 it comes up with errors and when I say ignor the error it finishes the install but the Catalyst Control Center doesn't innitiate after re-boot. The error that comes up says that the CPU has done an illegal opperation and it asks to install a standard VGA driver but I can't find one that will work. I have a X600 pro 128MB card if that helps.

I tried to install .NET and it still came up with the error, this is the error; c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe The NTVPM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:02a0 IP:a011 OP:fO 05 20 14 04 Choose "close" to terminate the application. Also when I'm running games like F.E.A.R and Guild Wars the games will run for a little bit and then it will just freeze and have to restart by pushing the re-set button on my tower. I thought the driver might fix that but it didn't. I thought maybe the driver didn't download correctly because it had that error. I would appreciate any help.

My comp just froze when I was "surfing" the net, I don't have any viruses. Could me getting better memory help? I have OCZ 3200 two sticks of 265MB. If not what else could be going on, my computer isn't old and it still is a mid level computer except memory:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom