too much ram is bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontStealMyFish

Baseband Member
i was reading this other thread, and the one guy said it operates on a bell curve, after a certain point it can lower performance in your system? i never heard that before.

i agree with merlin most apps today dont need 1gig really
512mb is even alot
if you have duel ram it can give you better perfomance in this case 2x512mb but it must be dual ram for better perfomance

apokalipse said:
what about 2x512MB? ive heard that having 2 sticks the same brand/model/size can give you better performance

Yeah, because with especially a 800fsb P4, running 2x512mb of DDR400 dual-channel is running at 800mhz, synchronously with the FSB, and thus much more effiecently:)

I don't think too much RAM is detremental to your computer, but after 1GB or so, the rest is probably un-used (like in the case of the GeForce FX 5200 256MB video card, much of its RAM is un-used due to the slow core and whatnot). Just make sure you use RAM with the same FSB as your CPU and mobo. You don't want your system components waiting on one or the other cuz their slower/faster, etc.

air_man_woody said:
I don't think too much RAM is detremental to your computer, but after 1GB or so, the rest is probably un-used (like in the case of the GeForce FX 5200 256MB video card, much of its RAM is un-used due to the slow core and whatnot). Just make sure you use RAM with the same FSB as your CPU and mobo. You don't want your system components waiting on one or the other cuz their slower/faster, etc.

So if you say have a AMD XP 2600 with a 333fsb get DDR333 to mathc the FSB;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom