10k build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to him that you don't spend that much for a web surfing PC and that he will not notice 150 from 10K if thats all he does.

I dont have to spend that much he said up to, and he does know a little about computers and so i think he might know but he wouldent notice if i put a $150 processor vs a $1000. He is gettin into computers and i don't really know wat he will do with it. Maby i could build him 2 good computers? he might like and get more use out of that then 1 amazing pc?

ty for all the help

lol

MSI K8N NEo4-F
X2 3800+
2GB's corsair valueselect
2*250GB seagate hdd's sata150
maybe a raptor
couple of case fans
maybe the thermaltake soprano :D
Antec truepower 550W power supply
eVGA 7800GT

duncan986 said:
I dont have to spend that much he said up to, and he does know a little about computers and so i think he might know but he wouldent notice if i put a $150 processor vs a $1000. He is gettin into computers and i don't really know wat he will do with it. Maby i could build him 2 good computers? he might like and get more use out of that then 1 amazing pc?

ty for all the help
He is family do not rob him just explain why you are using the cheaper components and give him the left over cash.

Raid 2 IRAM v2 (when they come out) (16GB DDR2 flash drive)
Then get a RAID controller and RAID 15K Seagate drives.
Put 4 dual core opterons in a tyan board.

That will give a great speed jump. It will jump on instantly.

Build him a decent system for like $1500 then tell him to spend the rest of the money on some sort of high speed internet.

003 said:
He should get the Asus AN832-Sli Deluxe. The SLI-DR and SLI-DR expert have been kiling CPU's lately, and the AN832 is the only board that has dual x16 lanes. It also has silent chipset cooling, and you can bring the RAM voltage to 4.0 on it.

I thought it was only the Expert doing this?

Yea, I'm pretty sure its only the Expert. The SLI-DR is tried and true. Expert on the other hand is new and buggy.

I agree with Tyler, don't try to rob him or anything. Just call him up ad tell him that in $1500 you can build him a very nice PC for what he's doing. If he still insists on making a gaming PC, go up to $3000 max. Theres no sense in buying a $10,000 PC for gaming or otherwise.

Screw it build him the badest PC that you can. I know its a waste of money if all he is doing is surfing the web but it doesn't sound like money is an issue. I say if he is willing to drop 10K on a pc then take it to the max and have some fun.

he is willing to drop 10k on a pc... and i would not rob him if i did not spend the money i would give it back to him. but i talked to him and he said 2 hi quality machines would be good. Dont worry about the budget, most ppl are telling me to change him mind, he said up to not exactly 10k i could spend $3000 n that would be fine.

stoney that just what im thinking... money isent a problem for him so i was thinking why not i could have fun n learn a couple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom