Vista beta testing. Is anyone doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure for VM Ware but with MS Virtual PC it makes a virtual harddisk. All your programs will be preserved. Think of using a virtual PC as opening a internet browser a screen apears and thats that. It's a program that luanches a screen and boots a "virtual pc" you then log onto windows or whatever you load on it. everything you load on it is saved in a file called "My Virtual Machines" not affecting your "real PC".

install vm ware, then you can choose what os to install, i think you need to instal xp before you can install vista, correct me if I am wrong, then install vista as an upgrade as that was my only option instead of both upgrade and new installation, then you can make copies of vista, test it, do wahtever you want with it, how much memory do you have?

Warez Monster said:
i think you need to instal xp before you can install vista, correct me if I am wrong
There is not a feature to upgrade from XP yet as far as I'm aware there is a button for it but it is dimmed/disabled in the current builds. For VM Ware or MS Virtual PC just pop in the Vista CD and it will load just as a PC would. I think that VM Ware and MS Virtual PC were origanally made from the same code base as well.

5112 wasnt bootable for me and i had to install it over XP, maybe it wasnt upgrade but just that you needed to have an OS installed to install Vista

Warez Monster said:
install vm ware, then you can choose what os to install, i think you need to instal xp before you can install vista, correct me if I am wrong, then install vista as an upgrade as that was my only option instead of both upgrade and new installation, then you can make copies of vista, test it, do wahtever you want with it, how much memory do you have?

2GB

I ran vista beta 1 on a computer with 192mb but it ran soooo slow, i would say 384mb or more would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom