What the ???? Are they Nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's next? $1000 Memory Module Kits?
well if you get a single 4gb stick from kingston you'll be spending over $3000 just for that one stick ;)

A server board I know of which houses 4 opterons I believe has 16 slots for RAM and can use a total of 64gb....that's of course each slot filled with 4 gb modules, looking at close to $60,000 just for the memory alone :p

Gotta love neweggs worthless reviews:

Pros: Haven't bought one yet, but I'm pretty sure it won't diddapoint.

yeaaah, great....then dumbass people saying 'even the latest CPUs will bottleneck this card'

bah I hate that! No CPU bottlenecks a graphics card, yes you wouldn't get as good of score in 3dmark and performance in games if you were on a socket A system or some shitty CPU, but that's granted no matter what the CPU is....you'll always get a better score with a better CPU, and being that the two (CPU and GPU) don't directly transfer information, there is no damned bottleneck! GRRRRR

the CPU does play a part in making the graphics. it makes all the polygons and sends it to the graphics card. then the graphics card colours them in.

if the CPU was too busy doing something else, it would have less time to make the polygons and actually could bottleneck the GPU, because it then has to wait for the CPU

HAVOC2k5 said:
Unless Zipzoomfly really doesn't know what their cost will be yet and just used $999.99 to fill in something?

There are still idiots who'll pay those prices.

Holy S**t Batman!!! I'll stick with my 6800gt for awhile. i'd rather spend the extra $800 on a Cable 3k/6k connection. It is, after all, a ping thang on multiplayer!!!!

Whether or not it's Nvidia's fault with the memory ordeal it sure makes them look like ATI with availability and new cards. yes they were there on launch but there sure weren't many.

P.P. Mguire said:
Its not Nvidias fault, its Samsungs.

I know. It still doesn't change the situation. way to go nvidia!!! :p i'm just joking around about how nvidia has been stinking lately, it's no big deal.

the CPU does play a part in making the graphics. it makes all the polygons and sends it to the graphics card. then the graphics card colours them in.
I know the CPU plays a part, I never questioned that...I said the GPU and CPU don't directly communicate between each other like CPU and memory therefore there is no 'bottleneck' like you would have a socket A system running 400FSB and using say PC2100 RAM or something.

As I said, of course having a better CPU in your system will yeild better results, that's a given, doesn't mean it's creating a bottleneck in the system. The CPU or GPU don't have to wait on each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom