10k build

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan986

Solid State Member
I got offered money from a very rich uncle to build him a computer. He's got millions and said i can spend up to 10k on the system. He wants to do mostly web surfing, things like word, and a small amount of gaming. Im looking around now but i thought I'd post and see what people thought.

get him a dell and spray paint it and keep the change. Ok really for that kind of money and what he needs spend the vast majority of the money on giant monitors perferably 2 and kick ass speakers and sound cards. thats what he would really notice and appricated and will get you a job well done. Don't need to go crazy with fx-57 chips or 15k scuzy drives cause he wont need them. Just build him a solid sys for about 2k and spend the rest on monitors and speakers. hope this helps.
hefe

You don't spend 10k on a PC for web surfing. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a $150 1.7GHz celeron PC and a $10000 FX-57 pc while surfing the web. that's just retarded. now if he was a hardcore gamer and played all kinds of pc intensive games such as fear, doom 3, quake 4, bf2, hl2, cod:2 and games like that then it might be a different story. however that does not appear to be the case.

With $10,000.00 you could build at least 4 really high quality PC's.
Then buy a good router and other networking supplies. Set up his whole home with Networked PC's.

At least one of those PC's should be a media center PC. I'm sure a millionaire has a nice home theater. Pick up one of those new ACER Ferrari laptops for say the kitchen.

10K can be spent a lot better then dumping it all on one PC.

This is IMO!

I'll give it a go.

Mobo- DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR- $200
CPU- AMD X2 4800+- $780
Ram- Corsair 4GB (2GBx2)- $1020
Hard Drives- 2 74 GB Raptors and 1 Seagate 500 GB SATA- $750
DVD Burner- 2 NEC DVD burners- $100
Video Cards- 2 512 MB BFG 7800 GTX- $1500
Sound Card- Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty- $290
Power Supply- PC Power and CoolingTURBO-COOL 850- $500
Keyboard and Mouse- Logitech MX500- $110
Speakers- Creative S750- $430
Case and Liquid Cooling- Thermaltake Tai-Chi with Liquid Cooling- $430
Monitor- ViewSonic N2750w Black 27" 16:9 8ms LCD TV Monitor- $740

Total Without Tax and Shipping- $6850

I'm pretty sure that will last a while.

LOL if web surfing is all he's doing, that should last him as long as 10 years with an upgrade to Windows Vista. Especially considering there are a great number of people that do only web surfing and email and are still using Windows 98 or ME.

persianxballer said:
I'll give it a go.

Mobo- DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR- $200
He should get the Asus AN832-Sli Deluxe. The SLI-DR and SLI-DR expert have been kiling CPU's lately, and the AN832 is the only board that has dual x16 lanes. It also has silent chipset cooling, and you can bring the RAM voltage to 4.0 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom