extra cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
do you think i will need more cooling other than 1 fan for an AMD athon 64 3700+ and an evga geforce 7800GT. they both have heatsink and fan included but will i need to mount any other fans in my case?

can you recommend me a setup of fans? my dad has some fans lying around the house so i dont need to buy them.. i just need to know like where to place them and where they should point

My fans pull air in from a vent at the front, and blow air out at the back. This may or may not be the best solution I'm not sure, but you might be advisable to ensure air flows throughout the case - check which way the air is going by putting your hand near the fan (Or the way the blades are facing if you know that sort of thing)

One at the front and one at the back should suffice, things won't get too hot as long as you have fairly meaty fans on your CPU and GPU, though if you have a lot of drives and cables knocking around you could probably use a little extra air in there.

Got a link for your case? I have 4 fans in the front of my PC pulling in air, 2 on the back and 1 on top and 1 on side pulling air out plus a gfx card fan pulling out air. Try to get at least one pulling air in from the most open spot on the PC(if the front is facing outward toward the room pull it from there) and one pulling it out the back.

well i dont ahve a case yet.. im still looking. i wanna buy one in a store cause newegg wants $16 to ship w/psu. i would like a case that doesnt need screws to open.. ill make sure to get one with plenty of room to add fans

You can probably get one with fans already installed for not much more. I know you've get some spare fans knocking around, but just take a look a lot of cases these days have a couple in already as the technology that's going in them dissipates an awful lot of heat these days.

yea ... i see what your saying... im gonna look around and see what i can find. i really dont want my $320 graphics card overheating and like exploding lol so ill get something good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom