Reformatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtim00

Beta member
I wanna reformat my comp, does anyone know a good website, or can directly give me instructions on doing so? Also I have heard it is possible to create a Win. XP bootable disc(i lost mine), on floppy or CD... how do you do that?

One usually needs the windows disc to reformat. At least I've used one the last 5 million times I've reformatted a boot drive. I'm not sure how you intend to make a bootable CD, unless you saved an iso of the disc on your computer, in which case you'd need to have saved the serial also. Maybe someone else knows another way.

Let's see. Once you've got a disc, log into your bios and make sure your boot order is CD, Hard Drive. Then put your CD in the drive and restart again. hit any key when it asks if you want to boot from the disc.

Just go through the prompts and stuff, and when you get to the screen which asks you which partition you want to install windows on, You can choose to create or format a partition. Sometimes you might need to delete a partition and create a new one. Format in NTFS.

That's just the general from memory, but I hope it helps.

dony use the xp boot disk, it will make you 6 of them i beleive, go to www.bootdisk.com and download windows 98 bootdisk, as yes it will work with xp, fdisk your hdd and then format it.

I was talking about the CD, not the floppies. I don't even have a floppy drive anymore and I've reformatted and reinstalled windows from my XP disc lots of times.

That looks like a helpful site, I've never seen it before. Here's a question, though. Of course he can boot from the 98 disc and reformat and fdisk and all that, but won't he need an XP disc later to reinstall Windows with?

what if i just dl the XP bootdisks, an do the 6 floppy disc thing. Will this work, and will i have to reinstall XP ?
THan do i have to set my Bios to set to floppy.
kinda confused... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom