Give me your Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reqlis

Solid State Member
I have been using Intel for a few years now and I am ready to convert.(Don't know why) I am very openminded and I just wanted to ask a few simple questions. Any answers would be great!

1.)I plan on a socket 939 for around $350.
Maybe a 4000+ Clawhammer or a 3800 X2. I can not decide wich would give me better gaming performance and bang for the buck.

2.)I do not know whether to go with a the Asus A8N-premium or an MSI neo or DFI lan. Any suggestions and links would be nice.

All I really need is advice on a good CPU and motherboard within those ranges. About $550 to spend MAX on the cpu and mobo. Thanks for helping the new guy!

X2 3800+ dual core is the future

DFi mobo if you want to OC, MSI if you want to OC but dont want so many options, Asus if you cant afford MSI or DFI :p but just stay away from asus :eek:

i would go wid DFI

but here's some great motherboard manufacturers that's popular and overated, especally gamers, that u might want to look into

DFI,ABIT,GIGABYTE

well i guess i would also include ASUS and MSI but those three up there are popular

I am still lost on what motherboard to get. I do not know wich one is going to give me the best ocing abilities and performance.

Reqlis said:
I am still lost on what motherboard to get. I do not know wich one is going to give me the best ocing abilities and performance.

PZERO already told you. DFI if you want to OC (Overclock).

Either one of these motherboards:
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
13-136-152-02.JPG

or

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151
13-136-151-02.JPG

They are purely overclockers MOBO'S.

To use a X2 CPU, you simply have to do a BIO'S UPDATE.
Some of the newer boards might even have the updated BIO's already.

I wouldn't go with SLi to begin with, since you are at a 550 dollar budget on your cpu/mobo, I'm sure you're not willing to pay 1000 dollars for a 30% increase in video performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom