Vista beta testing. Is anyone doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have a chance to beta test the vista os. Is anyone else doing it? If I decide to I will need a computer to do it on other than my main ones. I guess I will just look for someones used one.

You have a chance through Technet, MSDN as far as I'm aware of.

The members who are testing are as follows. There may be more I cannot name off the top of my head. Many more use it but fewer test it. Of these people Mak and I obtained it legally others may have as well.

Myself, Makaveli213, Warezmonster, Mikee, and AMD2800

I stopped testing it for about a month or two now but I may begin to re test the OS with my new system using the 64 bit editions of Vista.

My sister in law contacted me about it as she works with Bill and wanted to know if I wanted to do this. I don't want to do it on my main computer right now though so I will look for an older computer to do it on.

use a virtual machine instead. I used it and it was nice, havent used the newer builds yet, i used 5112

You install it....

Then it's like having another PC only it runs from your current one hence "virtual PC".

Well, I guess I knew all that but what I mean is after it is installed can I gradually switch operating systems over to vista when all is said and done? My programs that were installed if compatible would stay and I could uninstall xp pro later. Is that what you are planning to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom