AMD CPU/Fan Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

antioniguitar

Beta member
I have a very n00b problem to present.

When I bought my AMD Duron 1200, it came with a fan and ran fine. My Duron died, and I couldn't get a 1200 again, so I opted for a 1300. Will 100MHz of difference mean I need a new fan?

Ever since I upgraded, I will leave my PC on for long periods of time and reboot, only to find the boot fails about halfway through the Windows XP booting screen. I turn my PC off, wait roughly 5-10 minutes, and re-boot it, and it runs fine.

Could this be my CPU overheating? When I check the temperature, it's usually around 110-130 degrees farenheit. I'm not sure what is safe for CPUs, but please inform me.

Thank you.

Well yea that fan would be fine as long as it's a duron series chip.. couldn't tell you the reason why you're getting that problem.. check for virus's maybe?

wait.. what version of windows are you using? also, if you know what inside your computer, tell us all =)

Also make sure your heatsink is not all clogged with dust. This completely destroys it's heat conductivity. And 130°F is just fine for a standard heat sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom