Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
I recently installed this soundcard on the link below and it will not allow all 5 of my speakers to work. I know it is a 7.1 soundcard but I'm sure it will work with a 5.1 speaker system.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829120103

However, when I plug in my 5.1 speakers(3 cords) only 2 or 3 speakers work. Depending on which cord I put it. For some reason only the green slot on soundcard is working. I have tried all other slots but it's still the green one. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

well what kind of speakers u have? have u set your sound settings to 5.1? u can check by going to start>control panel>sounds and audio devices>click ADVANCED under speaker settings(where u can see a picture of two speakers)>under speaker set up, choose the 5.1

Unistall all of your audio drivers. Clean the registry (regedit and then locate all instances for the audio software and remove those reg entries). Make sure you have the latest dirves for that chaintech audio card and then re-install the drivers.

What type of speakers do you have? Did you install the drives that came with the sound card? Do your speakers support a Optical SPDIF connector? Because that soundcard should have came with the optical cable. You could try that.

What type of sound were you using before? Onboard? Did you disable it? If you were using another sound card, did you completely uninstall those drivers?

I have Creative speakers 5.1. I don't think they support it. I was using an Soundblaster Live! 5.1 soundcard but my friends dad messed the CD up so I couldnt use it anymore. I disabled it and I didnt have any drivers installed because I couldnt use the CD afterwards.

thanks Ive found the prob ... misconfiguration and i dont recomend chaintech sound cards .... they misspell there name .... chainech lol how sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom