Alienware Area-51 5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
I'm planning on buying a near top of the range Area 51 5500. I've selected nearly the best out of everything, except for the graphics card and a couple of other stuff like Harddrives and monitors. The choices for graphics cards were:

ATi Radeon™ RX600 PRO 256MB DDR, DVI, VGA and TV-Out interface, PCI-Express [ -$684.00 ]
ATi Radeon™ RX700 PRO 256MB 128-bit DDR3, DVI, VGA and TV-Out interface, PCI-Express [ -$539.00 ]
ATi Radeon™ X800 256Mb DDR3 with DVI/TVO PCIE [ -$379.00 ]
ATi Radeon™ RX800XT 256MB DDR3, 256-bit, DVI, VGA and Video In/Out Interfaces (S-Video/Composite), PCI-Express [ -$59.00 ]
ATi Radeon™ X850XT 256Mb Platinum Edition PCI-E - May delay your order Recommended [ -$29.00 ]
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GF6600 GT 128MB PCI-Express SLI Ready [ -$605.00 ]
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GF6800 256MB PCI-Express SLI Ready [ -$394.10 ]
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GF6800GT 256MB PCI-Express SLI [ -$211.00 ]
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GF6800 Ultra 256MB PCI-Express SLI [ -$50.00 ]
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX 256MB PCI-Express DDR3

Money doesen't really pose anything just wondering which one i should get for best for gaming. Also i'm wondering if they would get 7800GTXs on SLI, because they don't seem to have it, or do i have to select a different base PC.

or has anyone got a recommendation for the very best gaming PC thats orderable and no need for building or anything like that and is pre-built by a trustable company money means nothing just as long as its under around $6000 australian dollars which is about $4459 US dollars (off XE.com).

post a link and some info.

Alienware sucks, build your own.

and the 7800GTX 512MB is the best but the 7800GTX 256mb is the best in the list :) OK

anyways building your own will be far much cheaper, and it will be better and quality wise better also :D.

and if you ever need any help just aim me at pzerofgh

and if you dont want to build your own yuo can use www.monarchcomputer.com which lets you configure your own

i need something that ships to australia. yeah me know its cheaper and stuff but i just don't like the hassle of building it, then troubleshooting conflicts then installing and everything.

so anyone got something that has an australian site, (except DELL (dell sux me know)

i believe monarch ships worldwide or was the zipzoomfly...hmm

edit

International Orders

Monarch Computer Systems ships to Australia, all of South America and most of Europe. To place an international order, you must fill out a quote request form and a member of our sales team will reply with a quote complete with shipping charges to your shipping address and instructions on how to complete your order.

* All international orders must be paid using wire transfer, prices are in US dollars, a $30 processing fee will be charged
* Quotes are good for 30 days
* Orders shipping to US and Canada should be placed using the website
* Minimum order amount for international shipping is $250
* All fees and duties associated with customs and duties will not be included in the shipping but will be due to the local customs agency in order to receive the product
from monarch's website

www.msy.com.au
.. price list: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf
www.cpl.net.au
www.pccasegear.com.au

those are the places to go for computer parts.
MSY is the cheapest. their site doesn't look very hot, but you won't care about that when you see their prices.

I'd get something like:

MSI K8N Neo4-F - AU$110

MSI 7800 GTX - AU$635

Athlon 64 X2 3800+ - AU$486

1GB (2x512MB) OCZ Premier - AU$141

Antec 500W Smart Power - AU$115

CMV 19” CT-934D - $380

get above from MSY

case: anything you like

and after putting it all together, you'll be flying

Status
Not open for further replies.