F.e.a.r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i was just reading a review on gamespot about this game and apparantly.. it needs super fast video cards and processors to be ran. they said to run it at max settings, you need 2 geforce 7800gtx and a dual core processor.. wtf? half life 2 is just as graphically intense and everyone here told me i would have no problem runnin half life 2 at pretty high settings with a amd athlon 3700+ and a geforce 6800gs.. can this review be wrong?

it's a little bit slanted, but it is more intense gfx wise than hl2, they're probably talking about 1600x1200 on maximum settings with 16xAA+AF and they're partially right 7800gtx sli allows for 16xSLIaa which is the only way to get that particular feature, but i ran the demo on pretty high settings with a 3500+ and a 6800gt (not sure how that compares the GS) you should be set tho.

ok thanks.. its not really the game FEAR i was worried about.. its half life.. i figured if i couldnt run FEAR than i definetly couldnt run half life.. but since thats not the case and i can run both.. theres no problem.. thanks alot

Yeah, you'll definitly be able to run Half Life 2. My brothers computer has a ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder 9800 Pro, with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ It looks beautiful on his computer.

I can run F.E.A.R. smooth as butter at 1280x960 with my 7800GT and Athlon 64 3200+. No need for 2 7800GTXs in SLI. Now if you want soft-shadows, thats a different story. Soft-shadows are a system-killer in F.E.A.R. I play with them off, and it doesn't bother me.

bonehelm said:
have fun with your game

half life 2 can be ran smoothly with a 9800 pro.

Half Life 2 was originally meant to be a showoff of the power of the 9800 Pro level cards when they were released. You know, HL2 was meant to be released during September of 2003, and if it was released it would have been way ahead of its time, much like Unreal Engine 3 games would be if they were released today.

It might still be that way, even a year from when it's supposed to be released.

BandwidthHogg said:
Half Life 2 was originally meant to be a showoff of the power of the 9800 Pro level cards when they were released. You know, HL2 was meant to be released during September of 2003, and if it was released it would have been way ahead of its time, much like Unreal Engine 3 games would be if they were released today.

are you saying that i was wrong somewhere or what? just for my information ? thanks anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom