motherboards that are out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

plus

Solid State Member
Hey,

I'm going to start building myself a computer. I'm pretty much going to be playing games on it.

The processor I am looking to buy is AMD Athlon 64 3700+ socket 939. Can anyone recommend a good motherboard which will give me good performance? I'm not planning on trying to overclock on this machine and want a PCI-Express board. I'm not really sure on what graphics card I want for now.

Thanks for any suggestions in helping find a motherboard!

plus said:

The processor I am looking to buy is AMD Athlon 64 3700+ socket 939. Can anyone recommend a good motherboard which will give me good performance? I'm not planning on trying to overclock on this machine and want a PCI-Express board. I'm not really sure on what graphics card I want for now.

Well, if you're not planning on Overclocking then the DFI mobos that DJ-CHRIS suggested may not suite you. Yes, they are good mobo's but they are for an overclocker.

A very good motherboard for you would be the MSI Neo4-F s939. It's about $82.50 at newegg.com. It's got plenty of features for the non-overclocker. Yes, it's PCI-express.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491

Epox 9NPA+Ultra. I looked in 7 different online tech sites that put this board through rigid tests and everyone gave it high marks.

www.AnandTech.com gave it their Gold Medallion Editor's Choice award -- high praise indeed.

Over at www.hardocp.com they really put this board through rigerous tests and gave it a hight rating. Check their site out and go to their Review section and click on motherboards. This board will be there along with others.

if u are sure u not want to do seriouse overclocking then get the above mentiond msi k8n nero4-f

its a good board and if u ever do want to do some small overclocks it can

this topic helped me :) maybe i will get the msi k8n neo4-f instead of the DFI lan party UT nF4. I'm not an OC'er.
I kinda already worked out all the other shit I'm gonna buy though.. so compatibility reasons.. will this change anything?

btw.. what is the difference between PCI-e x4 and PCI-e x16 and stuff.. and what does that mean for Cd-roms.. Do I want a x52 cd-rom drive or x16 or what

---
how much r u gonna spend on the computer, plus?

Thanks a lot for all your quick replies. The MSI K8N Neo4-F looks very good in my eyes it was just what I was looking for.

dive, the PCI-e x4 bit just means how much bandwidth that slot can give you. 4x is 2.0 GB/s of bandwidth where x16 is 8.0 GB/s of bandwidth and so on. The more bandwidth the better.

Also with my price I am trying to stay under 900 - 1000. Which makes the msi board good because it's not too expensive.

Thanks again everyone.

i would still get the ultra-d,
it's fairly cheap, and a great board, you'll never have any problems and it leaves your options open in case you do ever decide to mess around with overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom