The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

telstar2626436

Solid State Member
Whenever i open a application of any kind (internet explorer, norton, nero, media player, etc) i get a error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). i using someone computer right now and i really need help!!
:( The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005).

I'm not saying you are. Some times we forget...

The issue sounds like a memory problem to me. Is there any applciation that doesn't error? Also, what Apps do you have installed. I saw afew things from google that said certain apps don't play well. Mostly adobe apps and some CD burning programs.

any info you can post will be helpful.

The only programs that errors are ones with .exe, all the other programs like word and excel work fine, i can't remember if i installed any new programs

Check add/remove programs. Give me the list.
Also, when you launch the program from startmenu, or when you run a file of that type. Are you sure it's all .exe's?

That seems a little strange as you should see an error at load if that is the case as explorer.exe is a .exe and it's needed for the desktop to appear.

Have you ran antivirus and spyware scans?

Adobe acrobat 5.0
intel(r) extreme graphics diver
microsoft office 2000 premium
noadware v4
norton antivirus 2005
peer points manager
quick time
real player basic
netzero
sbc yahoo dsl

note: i can't run any antivirus and spyware scans aslo and i pretty sure there all .exe maybe not

do this please.
click start->run-> type without quotes "eventvwr" -> enter

what happens?

This is XP right?

once it's open, go to application. Do you see APPLICATION ERRORS there? look at 4th column. You should. Open one up. What does it say in the message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom