Computer won't turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you done what I did? try reseating everything. Take out the memory and put it back in, plug and unplug the cables fromt the PSU to the mobo, etc. It might help you.

Alright well this may be a stupid question but did you forsure get the motherboard power connector in the right way? Try unplugging all devices but the motherboard and video card and see if it works.

ok this goes to both of you, try disconnecting the power on switch from the motherboard and jumping it (screw driver works most of the the time). This isn't going to do much but take the case out of the equation.

Then disconnect any non essentials, such as extra sticks of ram, sound cards, networking cards, ect. You could have damaged the motherboard then you accidentally pulled the cords out, so I'd say that is your next step.

Rocky create your own thread, the problems are close, but they are not the same. I believe they call what your doing Hijacking a thread.

I would remove the board and inspect for any component burnt out susch as resistor, capacitor, diode or fuse.

Sui said:
ok this goes to both of you, try disconnecting the power on switch from the motherboard and jumping it (screw driver works most of the the time). This isn't going to do much but take the case out of the equation.

I'm a little confused about this part. How would I disconnect the power switch?

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have had no success. Would I be safe in assuming that my processor is probably okay?

I was looking at motherboards and I realized that I have a 754 3200 chip. I was sad about this because the new stuff, the dual core and whatnot are all coming out for 939. I think this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to get a mini ATX cube type box and motherboard, and put my current CPU and stuff in there. I've been wanting to make a cube form PC for a while, and It looks like it'll only be $150 and then I can save the rest of my components for when some of the higher dual core processors come down in price. My birthday's in June anyway.

Sound good?

CLICK HERE

56-101-483-02.JPG

its like 203.99 shipped.

Cheapest i could find but Shuttle is a good brand! :)

Have Fun :p

~Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom