anti-virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Anti-Vir from http://www.free-av.com. It's free as the Url implies.

I don't recommend AVG. What is awesome about it is that it has alot of features and is completely automatic all for free. What I don't like is that I was working on a friend's computer and it was infected with a virus that is specifically made to kill AVG and get in.

Funny story thats related. As warez said you can get a virus just by connecting to the internet.

When I first attached my cable modem to my PC i instantly got A variant of Blaster worm, But My AVG quickly took care of that.

filter996 said:
I use Anti-Vir from http://www.free-av.com. It's free as the Url implies.

I don't recommend AVG. What is awesome about it is that it has alot of features and is completely automatic all for free. What I don't like is that I was working on a friend's computer and it was infected with a virus that is specifically made to kill AVG and get in.

That's why Avast is there;)

Warez Monster said:
why arent they meant for home pcs thou?

PRICE!!!! they cost over $300. they are targeted for business. cmon be logic. that's why anti-virus manufacturers sells their products for business and home if u go to their website. unless u downloaded it thru limewire, that's an exeption.

Ya know what puzzles me? It's about those websites that have illegal serial numbers or product keys. I mean they actually give you what you want, but with that you also get a shitload of virii. How exactly do they benefit from doing that? Maybe that's what you get for downloading illegal codes O_O.

are free programs like avast just as good as ones you pay for? im really worried so i want the best protection i can get.. without paying $300. whats the best i can get (store bought, free online, etc)?

well u do get wat u pay for. don't know what u can get wid free. some people don't want to pay for anti-virus so they refer to the free ones.

if u want the best protection, go for the internet suite version. that means u get the anti-virus, firewall, anti-spam, privacy protection. u can get all of'em at $60

also, anti-virus manufacturer has a download version. they are relatively cheaper than buying it in a box.

and btw, anti-virus cost around $20-$30 MSRP but they can be cheaper in stores. the $300 pricey ones are sold for business, u can't relatively find them in stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom