problems with graphics card after overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
after i oced my lanparty d-ultra with a gig of ocz memory i booted up fine and ran some cpu stability tests but when i went to try 3dmark05 it barely started up and ran like 1 fps. my voltages were: 1.55(cpu) 2.7(RAM) 1.3(LTD) and 1.7(mobo). i dont know what the problem is...it seems like the card(evga 7800 gtx) isnt getting enought power...it works fine on stock settings though.

sounds like a psu problem to me because if it runs fine stock then youy have maybe just enought power then when u oc u pretty much leave your psu powerless.maybe see if you can get you money back and get a new one. probably a nicer one than that like one that is sli certified is gonna probably work nicely.

in BIOS make sure you your PCI BUS can be locked at 33(default) i think(someone verify) otherwise as you increase your CPU FSB your PCI bus's will also increase wich is not good for the video card or PCI devices . A small increase will not cause a problem if you have a quality build card . My old P4 2.53 is OC at 145/36 and the Leadtek 5950 Ultra runs fine .

i dont have that option in my bios(dfi lanparty ultra-d) but i have a pci express frequency option and the default is 100 mhz.

sorry not of much help but untill i actually get a PCI e board i dont no alot about them . Are there any selective settings whats the manual say about OC cautions ? Im debating between the newest ASUS board and DFI myself .

I had the same problem a while ago. I overclocked my amd64 and didnt lock my pci-e slot. Which was at 100MHz. Next thing I know, I was getting artifacts and then card completely died. I had an ATI x600pro. Be careful when you overclock is all I have to say.

Nubius posted an AMD64 Overclocking guide , im sure you'll find some helpfull info in one of those .

i looked at the guide and tried some stuff but it didnt help. 3dmark05 runs fine for about 30 seconds then freezes for another 10 seconds then stars back up and continues to freeze. does this seem like a power supply problem or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom