Alright guys, ordering tonight, need your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
blah.gif
how does that relate to the X800 and 6600GT? Oh, it doesn't! Start ur own thread! :mad:

003 said:
The 6600GT won't run applications that require Shader Model 3 at a playable framerate, so it really makes no difference. People say that it will run it at 30-40fps. Well as I said, that is not playable. 72+ is playable, and 60 is bearable. And BTW, there won't be anything that REQUIRES Shader Model 3 for a long long time to come. Everything will have SM2 fallback. There currently no games that need it, but there are two I know of that have the option of using it. the first is far cry, and the second is half life 2:lost coast.
WTF? You can't even see the difference between 40 FPS and 70 FPS

If your gonna spend $145, then spend another $50 and get twice the video card with a 6800gs. Then you wont have to buy it in a month when your not happy with the performance.

vaderpro said:
If your gonna spend $145, then spend another $50 and get twice the video card with a 6800gs. Then you wont have buy it in a month when your not happy with the performance.
I'm only spending $109 for the X800, will not spend $90 more for a card that would never be used to it's full capability on my machine since I'm not a gamer. Even the X800 is pushing it, but the price was too good to pass up.

weringo said:
WTF? You can't even see the difference between 40 FPS and 70 FPS

Actually you can. When I played CS source with a 9600 pro it was averaged at 45 FPS on my system, when I upgraded to a 9800 pro it averaged 60-70 and I could sure as hell tell the difference.

Good job on the x800 decision as many have said, the PS 3.0 doesn't even matter.

p0werslave said:
Good job on the x800 decision as many have said, the PS 3.0 doesn't even matter.
Thanks. Everything that I've seen shows the X800 spanking the 6600GT, except for a couple games, but generally speaking X800 > 6600GT

by the way , my internet connection is the same as the internet cafe , 3 mb/s or what ever the right termology is for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom