internet cafe's athlon, WOW !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

honsbeek

Baseband Member
So I was at this New Internet Cafe this afternoon, and I was crusing the internet. And while surfing I noticed that the system was lightning fast. So of course I pressed "Windows Option + Pause Break" to check out the system. It was an Athlon 3200+ 2.0 Ghz. And a 1GB Ram and A Nvidia Gforce 6600.

Now how come I thought my system was the fastest ? Is it because I have a Louzy Graphic card (Radeon 7500 64mb) or is in fact the 2.0 GHZ. faster than my Pentium 4 3.0E (478 Prescott) ???

I've heard people tend to choose Athlon over Intel's Pentium 4 in order to game better... This is not important to me. I wish to have a road runner effect on my system.

Could it be that I felt the Athlon system at the internet cafe was super fast because of the Gforce graphic card???

Please your thoughts

Thank you
Happy Holidays

maybe cause the interent connection was faster then yours?

athlon 3200+ = 2.0Ghz = P4 3.2Ghz

A well cleaned and oiled machine, clear of clutter, those specs and a fast internet connection will give you a great browsing experience.

I've come across systems that are horrific, old machines and loaded with rubbish downloaded by various people over time. Are those machines used for gaming out of interest? They may pay particular attention to keeping them clean if they are.

a Geforce 6600 is a big improvement over a Radeon 7500, but that might not be why the system felt faster. if you were gaming, then it would make a big diference. but if browsing the internet, then it would be because the machine is well maintained, or they installed/reinstalled Windows pretty recently.

although the Athlon XP 3200+ will be a little bit faster on average than a Pentium 4 3.0GHZ

what's the p4 equivalent of an amd athlon 64 3700+ 1mb san diego and a 3500+ 512k venice

PZEROFGH said:
maybe cause the interent connection was faster then yours?

athlon 3200+ = 2.0Ghz = P4 3.2Ghz

Can you explain how you calculated this? I have never understood what is the difference between Intel and AMD processors. At the moment I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ with the clock speed of 2.0 :confused:

he assumed this was atlon 64. if athlon xp, caNNOT be done this way "athlon 3200+ = 2.0Ghz = P4 3.2Ghz"

amd builds processors that can do more in one cycle rather than going for higher numbers...

so a 2Ghz amd would be as fast or faster than a 3Ghz intel processor

the numbers in the model of the athlon, are equal to a intel speed.

so a athlon 3700, is equal to an intel running ay 3.7ghz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom