Parts off Ebay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcbraulio

Baseband Member
I am going to biuld my own pc, but i want high performance parts for a cheaper price. Do you think i should buy them off ebay?

I wouldnt personally. You run the risk (very small) of getting something that doesnt work, etc. I have had bad erxperences with ebay so my views are alittle biased. Just check newegg.com because they have awesome prices and are very helpfull. Good luck on building a new computer.

hey i have some info on ebay, DONT BUY A Mobo/cpu combo there, especially 1 that comes pre-over clocked, take it from me i got ripped

NEWEGG IS awsome.....ebay is good for dvd drives....i got mine new cheap

i bought a eVGA 7800GT and a DFI Nf4 ultra-D mobo and a hdd from ebay and it all works :) the video card was still new in the box :D so yeah just read it carefully and make sure you know what your buying

buy from high profile merchants or 90+ Feedback score .
Be weary of hardware thats been heavily overclocked
Ask the seller questions before you bid they are bound to the remarks they provide you in writing . Verified PP accounts is a plus ive purchased some Hardware on ebay with no probs .

I've bought and sold on Ebay, no problems. Like the suggestions above though, try to deal with people with high and near 100% feedback - it doesn't mean you will get a great item at a great price, you might be unlucky but the really poor sellers are weeded out from Ebay reasonably quickly.

Check what you read very carefully, ask lots of questions and find out if it is sold as working. If it's sold as working and arrives not working, then if you have had some communication and been told it is working then you have at least some comeback.

You always run the risks though, let the buyer beware is a common phrase. Avoid overclocked stuff like the plague and if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Be sensible though, deal with reputable sellers and you are likely to come off better than had you gone and bought new.

John

You have to remember, its not really eBay, its a few hundred thousand individual sellers gathering in one spot. Newegg is one person that everyone knows.
As I always say to my parents before buying on eBay... READ, READ, READ!!

i personally wouldnt buy computer parts from ebay because you really dont know if they have been used or not because someone can say it hasnt been used and put it into a box and say it was a open box when they bought it and you will be a piece of crap part thats just my 2 cents on buying parts from ebay i personally only would buy from either of these sites www.newegg.com www.tigerdirect.com

^^^ yes read the description carefully, sometimes they will say it refurbished. When i buy higher end parts i tend to look at people with stores when everything is new, but if were talking about case's and cd drives, i dont care who i buy it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom