realtek ac97 audio prob....

Status
Not open for further replies.

*starfish82*

Beta member
Hi guys....
A few days ago I built my 6th computer and for the first time ever i hace encountered a problem with my onboard realtek ac 97 soundcard.....My m/b is a jetway n2pa-ultra and my cpu is a 2600+..... the bios knows the card is there....xp knows there is a card there...as a matter of fact the card is set up and all the drivers are installed correctly and windows thinks it is fine....

these is no sound coming out of my stereo (which is plugged in the audio-out jack and is turned on and set to aux).....this is just confusing me a bit...

could there be a hardware conflict, a problen with the jack itself or the fact that the drivers werent digitally signed.....

Hope somone can lift this cloud from my eyes....(its probably the most obvious thing.... :)

The card is apparently a 6 channel card that has an audio out, audio in and mic....and i only have the audio out plugged in...

Hope you can help...
ves:confused:

for it to be 6 channel I beleive you have to set it that way and it turns the audio in and mic into the other channels. See if it is set to 6 channel, that might be the problem, cuz then the audio out could be for the subwoofer or something. Set it to regular 2.1. If that doesn't work, it might be a problem with the signal. I know the new Klipsch 5.1 speakers don't work with the Audigy 2 soundcards because of some digtal processing problem, maybe you are having a similar problem. Do you get sound from headphones? That would eliminate the jack from being the problem. Is this onboard sound different than what you had in your last system?

Hi nvalhalla

I have had the same inbuilt sound in my last system and it worked fine...but it wasnt a 6 channel audio...

I do have the card set to 2.1 but still I get nothing....

Originally i did have my headphones plugged in,then i had my stereo hooked up, now i have my headphone plugged back in....i dont even get a hissing sound or anything...it just sounds dead...

I know that the drivers arent digitally signed by mico$oft so that might be causing it.....but i do have a sneaking suspision that it could be the jack itself.....its a new motherboard...not even a week old.....Im just afraid that If i happen to buy a new soundcard for the system that it will not have micro$ofts digitally signed drivers...in that case i will be looking for a very standard 2.1 soundcard because my stereo is really good..

Thankyou
Ves :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom