recommandation o/s for a slow pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
what would everyone recommend using for a slow ass NEC with the specs for 333mhz,128 mb,6 gb hdd,celeron processor?i want linux on it but i dont know if it will work. will it work?and if it will work what linux should i put on it

2000 or that stripped version of XP..I never did try it but its called something like TinyXP or something..I still want to try that out myself :)

torrent link. but you can't install some program on it. ZA and VCom stuff gave me the BSOD

ME? I would go with 98SE over ME. 2000 is probably the best choice.

Well 2000 has several different versions. There is Professional, Server, Advanced Server, and DataCenter Server. So any one of them can network. I would say dont go for nothing more than Server. DCS is only available thru M$ for high end servers.

what would u recommend using linux or 2000 i really want linux on my other pc but i want to tri boot i just dont know what 3 o/s i should go with

Well that all depends. Are you sure that the hardware you have installed will be compatable with Linux? That is the only reason i havent jumped to Linux yet. That along with minimal game support.

I think that 2000 would be your best bet. It is very easy to configure for a network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom