Here.. suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well building it by yourself will actually save u money. buying a prebuilt system is like buying it from a computer manufacturer. well that configuration is good but the price is not.

I just don't know how I would build it because I don't know much about computers. All the parts would arrive and then I wouldn't know where to start..

i'm not telling u to build it ur self instead. i'm just saying that, that computer is good. i understand that u don't want to do much work but overall, that system will suit ur needs.

I know but I want to save money too... I could try to build it myself.. except I would worry that I wouldn't learn how to do it right

Btw.. can you just tell me what mobo you think is best.. there are like 30 to choose from. I want it to have everything I need.. like PCI-e slots.. and i dont want it to suck.. lol

maybe your EVGA 133-K8-NF41-AX nForce 4 SLI Mainboard or Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI or MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum

also i could go with your Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550w PSU instead of the Antec NeoPower480 ATX 2.01 480W... yours is less expensive but more W?

DFi and MSI mobos are generally considered good on this forum, I don't have neither so I couldn't really tell you which one is the best.

I have an Abit AN8-Sli, I can tell you right now, it sucks.

You MUST buy a GOOD powersupply, my Ultra V-Series PSU failed me in 3 months, unfortunately I opened the cover so I can't RMA.

Where on that list is your harddrive?

To build a computer, your manuals will help you the most, I suggest browsing this forum, I am sure there are lots of guides to how to build a computer. If its your frist time building a computer, have a friend or someone who knows what they're doing to give you a few pointers or to help you out.

i would go for the DFI mobo because most of the forums regarding motherboards, they always mention DFI. and also DFI boards are best at overlcocking as well as they are highly rated and popular and had some really good reviews.

as for the PSU, well my PSU is awsome. powers up everything and besides it's also quiet. Antec is also a reliable manufacturer

and btw, i really don't care much about motherboards cuz i don't really overclock as long as they have the features i'm lookin for and that they're either from DFI, ABIT ,ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI. exept for the mobo i have rite now cuz it came free wid my video card and it's working perfectly.

dive said:
maybe your EVGA 133-K8-NF41-AX nForce 4 SLI Mainboard or Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI or MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum

also i could go with your Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550w PSU instead of the Antec NeoPower480 ATX 2.01 480W... yours is less expensive but more W?

r u trying to get the parts like mine? cuz my system is just newly built. the reason i chose the Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550w PSU because my video card requires a minimum of 450w, it also have pci-e power connectors. those where the ones that i was lookin for and ended up buying it and it was cheap cuz i found a good deal.

as for the motherboard, well i got it free with my video card. i was lookin for a mobo that has 2000mhz fsb, supports X2 and dual channel, and has SATA connection. so i stick wid it and saved me money cuz i didn't have to buy another one. what's even better was dat it supports SATAII.

and wid all dat said, i'm happy wid my entire setup. it's working FLAWLESSLY :p

well i dont know a lot about the components so i might as well go with stuff someone else has that works well.

atm i have a p4 2.66 ghz processor.. so if im getting a new comp i might as well get a better processor.. except i wouldnt mind saving money too.

should i make sure to get a mobo with SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom