Computer freezes and black outs due to certain programs and 'drag and drop'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first you need to download Nlite here:

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

after you download that, go to the c drive and make a new folder called XP

Take your XP cd, and copy all of the files to the new folder called XP

Have your drivers for the raid next to the XP folder in a separate folders called Raid or whatever

tell me when you get this far.

Also, does your XP cd already have SP2 installed or did you dowload it manually or thru windows updates?

Ok, i have nlite downloaded and the files copied into folders. I have SP2 on the Xp cd.

Quick question before we continue, I have the folders 'XP' and 'RAID' on my desktop. For example, you click on the folder and there you will find a single folder going from "XP" on my desktop to another single folder labeled 'XP'.... will it matter that it is a folder in a folder?

Not sure that matters at all but I wanted to make sure that you are aware of it before we continue.

thatll be fine.

Open Nlite up
Make sure its on English
Click Next
Click on browse and point it to the XP folder you created
click Next
click Next
click on Integrate Drivers
click Create a Bootable ISO
click Next
here is where you insert your drivers for raid
click Insert and browse to the drivers
Now, there might be a bunch of .inf files and if this is true, you might have to go thru and make a few cd unless you get lucky and pick the correct drivers for your raid card.
click next
click yes
this process will take a few minutes
when finished click next
click next and this will make you the bootable iso
and then use nero or whatever you have to burn it to a cd and we can start from there

When I try to enter the path of the "XP" folder it says this, Make sure that selected folder or drive contains \i386 or 'amd64' directory and proper windows installation files. But I don't see those in the folder.

take the folder that is inside the folder and move it to your desktop so that there is no folder inside a folder. Also, make sure all of those files transfered over to the new folder you made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom