need help urgently!!! The siren sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage_con

Beta member
Hi guys ,

need your help badly. Recently my Case fan had started making a lot of noise. so i had disconnected it cleaned it and plugged it back into the motherboard again. However after i did this the Pc started normally once or twice but after that as soon as i switch on the power supply,a siren like noise starts coming from the pc internal speakers. what could be the problem?

also i had recently i had added a 512 mb ram chip to my system but every thing seemed to be fine till this fan issue.

I have checked that the ram is inserted properly.

What could be the problem:(

Does your machine boot as normal? Or is this the only ouput you get from your speakers?

Are these your external speakers or the internal one?

Please tell me what is the Bios on your mobo. Award, Phoenix? Once you have done that I'll tell you what the loud beep means.
However, the long continuous "scream" on a Award bios means that the CPU is overheating. Pull the heat sink and put new thermal paste on the CPU and reseat the heat sink fan. It may be the fan!!!

The sound is coming from the internal speakers. and nothing else is happening. i can not even see anything on the monitor. The bios is for the ASUS motherboard.The motherboard is A7N266 VM. The sound coming is like a siren(like a fire engine) BEEPbeepBEEPbeep...

Sounds like a conflict with your memory. Take it out and see waht your system does. Presuming you have another stick kept in.

In response to The_likely_lad.

I already tried that. The same thinks is happening even after changing the ram module.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom