my computer is possessed!!! help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam007

Solid State Member
My computer is turn on in the middle of the night. I never pay attention because turning off from the main switch, until couple nights ago forget to turn off the switch. I have XP Pro with Intel Celeron 2.5GHZ. I could not find any possible files that contain the on/off system automatically. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I do not find any wake up package at all in the bios. I am wondering about the Norton schedule time for cleaning up. I've just cheked it off to see what is going on>

if he has dialup that would be a more likely explaination. with most dialup modems a phone call can wake the computer. i used to use that when i still had my PII and i wanted to use the pc as soon as i got home :p. i'd call home about 2 minutes before i got therem, let it ring once and by the time i walked in the door it would be at the desktop.

You are right. I do have dial up modem. The computer wakes up in the middle of the night without any phone call. Why?

In the bios you can set an alarm at which the comptuer turns on, check to see if you have this.

hmm are you sure your checking any windows update at like 3AM or stuff like that :confused: THROW THAT PC INTO THE TRASH and get a new gaming one :D

I had that problem with my old Compaq and dial-up. Don't know what caused it though. I just accepted that sometimes it would turn on in the middle of the night. Haven't had a problem since I got broadband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom