harddrive recongization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i have a slight problem i have a 250 gb harddrive and a 80 gb harddrive i have the 250 gb harddrive showing up and at one point i had the 80 gb hdd showing up but now its not showing up on my computer when i click on it the only thing that shows up is my 250 gb hdd what can i do to get back my 80 gb hdd oh this may also be crucial info at one point and time i had a linux partitition on it so how i can get that back so i put back on a linux partitition

even if it has a linux partition windows should be able to see the drive...if you mean it's not being seen in My Computer then it's probably because of the linux partition...but in device manager then it's a boot dection problem.

H4x3r said:
even if it has a linux partition windows should be able to see the drive...if you mean it's not being seen in My Computer then it's probably because of the linux partition...but in device manager then it's a boot dection problem.

NO...windows does not recognize a linux file sytem...windows only recognize NTFS, FAT32, or FAT.

when u install linux, it gives u the option of choosing the type of file sytem u want. one of the options is FAT. so install linux wid a FAT file system so windows can recognize it.

mike4realz said:
NO...windows does not recognize a linux file sytem...windows only recognize NTFS, FAT32, or FAT.

when u install linux, it gives u the option of choosing the type of file sytem u want. one of the options is FAT. so install linux wid a FAT file system so windows can recognize it.

when you think of a linux partition you think of ext3 format not FAT...

when u install linux, it gives u the option the automatically set up ur hard drive or manually do it. when u do it manually (that's where u can choose the type of file systems to use). it's a little bit more advanced so ur gonna have to look for tutorials.

yes...ext3 is a linux partition. i remember that one when i install linux many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom