Which processor is better for a gaming desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznmandhs

Baseband Member
I have question on processors.

Which processor is better for a gaming desktop? An AMD 64 or A Pentium 4? Why are pentiums more expensive than AMD?

Either, or, depends on who you talk to:rolleyes:

I'd say the fx-51, but thats $700, so on a budget probably the 3.2ghz P4 for only $280:confused:

Ok merlin you need to check ur listing's the amd fx-51 is about 500 and under now and that regular p4 doesnt mach the performance but all of that isnt that important .........this is the deal if you tryin to play hig end gamming aps go with amd and is cheaper is your running a server or just some wack computer go with P4 and also if you willing to spend overall 300$ more on the top of the line system when gogin with p4

ill dude 9x is so sucky thats like using windows ME lol and you forgot the s in ntfs and dont do fat32 cause that filling system sucks

If your playing high end games choose AMD .Cause Intel couldnt possible play these same games.You say hey i got me an AMD and they just run away from you.
Tell him about the special fan he has to buy...Im sorry did i say Fan.I ment Fan's.If you put string up on your celling an AMD box can fly around the room with the 8 to 10 fan's you need to keep it cool.Make sure you get the right power supply all that heat needs lots of juice.The special silvery backing crap .All of this and one day youll push the on button and nothing is gonna happen.

Looking at the bench i dont see the huge advantage 64 gives for twice the price and all the other crap yuo gotta buy.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1956&p=17

A lot of folks dont buy AMD.Intel sells 4 times more .

AMD cant make a faster chip cause it would melt down.Youed need 2 power supplies to get enough juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom