DFI complexity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake14430

Baseband Member
I have heard that the DFI lan party boards are hard to set up and are very complicated. I was just wondering if you guys had any info or opinions on the DFI board.

thanks

well theres nothing complicated about the dfi boards,i myself think that dfi is good. they are also recommended for overclockers
and the boards them self are very stable.

No different than setting up any other board really...install your basic drivers and then you may need to tweak things to get them to work well but that's what you'd expect with any board

The end user configurations and seemingly limitless BIOS settings may seem complicated but they really aren't and DFI has gone out of their way to make it quite user friendly...it's by far the easiest board I've ever overclocked with period...more options = more flexibility which is always easier to troubleshoot and configure IMO

Besides that dfi-street.com has rgone and angrygames who work for DFI and test and report/fix any bugs with the board...they've already covered about every FAQ known to man there and anything else you simply have to ask about and you'll get an answer

oh yeah if you do get a DFI mobo dont download the IDE drivers or the nvidia firewall and like the SMBUs drivers, they screwed me over and i had to reformat my hdd and lost all my data :D

but yeah i went from an MSI mobo to a DFI i saw a big difference, lots of options which are great, but i usually dont touch those, i just keep them at default and use the ones im familiar with

I'm using the nvidia smbus and ide drivers without any problems. with the 6.70 forceware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom