MSI X800 vs. eVGA 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
its at newegg. But that x800 only has DDR memory. 6600GT also supports FP-32 textures. Shader model 3.0 does give a slight boost in performance, but that's not why i would suggest the 6600GT over the x800... Right now, the best deal seems to be a x1600pro for around $129. They can be crossfired if you have two x16 slots, you would of course need a second x1600pro.

Roger

damasta55r said:
its at newegg. But that x800 only has DDR memory. 6600GT also supports FP-32 textures. Shader model 3.0 does give a slight boost in performance, but that's not why i would suggest the 6600GT over the x800... Right now, the best deal seems to be a x1600pro for around $129. They can be crossfired if you have two x16 slots, you would of course need a second x1600pro.

Roger
no, it's not at newegg.

You guys are getting way extreme, I currently have 4mb of onboard graphics thanks to my i725 chipset, I'm not a gamer, and when I build the system in my sig, I may check out a game every now and then just cause I can but will not turn into a gamer by any stretch of the imagination. I just want something that can play my DVD's and any video's I may d/l online w/o freezing/lagging/etc., yet can have the ability to decently play a game should I choose.

damasta55r said:
Oh, must be different x800, then. But newegg has a deal on one also

x800
same card, but that one is $2 cheaper, thanks! ;)

so which one is better, the x800 or the 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom