I feel like a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
I just did 3dmark05 and came out with 4920, thinking i had ruined something i began comparing my score to other peoples, and i found out something remarkable, the ONLY difference in 3dmarks between mine and a person who scored 5000 is .3 FPS on the first one, .4 FPS on the second one, and .2 FPS on the last one, I mean how in the hell does 3dmark05 actually test these things, its almost an indistinguishable change.

Indistinguishable to the naked eye is much different than to a computer. The math they use is more accurate than our perception of how "fast" a computer runs.

generally, if you buy a new pc just for beating your friend's 3dmarks, well then you have spent your money at the wrong place.

game performance is way more important. think of it this way, the marks are to tell you how good your pc is. but does it mean you can get 50 more fps if you have a way higher mark than your friend? no.

Your score is good if you have a GeForce 6 series graphics card or Radeon X800 Pro or higher. Don't judge everything on 3dMark. Get F.E.A.R. and let us know what you get on the stress test in that game. Its a much better measurement of real gaming performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom