Computer won't turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon

In Runtime
In a nutshell, my desktop computer won't turn on anymore.

This is a system that I have built. It has been working with the current CPU and Motherboard for over a year. The last hardware upgrade I made was a new power supply and an extra stick of RAM, but it's been working fine with those things for a few months.

Last week, I when I was trying to plug something else in near my desk I somehow pulled on the other cords and my system all went off. I pushed all the plugs back in, and everything else powered on - speakers, monitor, etc. but not the computer. I wiggled the cables, unplugged them and plugged them back in, all that stuff, and it still won't come on.

I don't think it's the power supply because I noticed that when I flip the power supply's switch to "on" my optical mouse lights up.

I'm just not sure what else I can try or how to test what else it might be. Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks!

No, the computer isn't coming on at all. No fans, no lights on the mobo or power supply(which should light up) no HD spinning, nothing that I would categorize as turning on. I'm currently trying to re-seat, like, everything I can, but any suggestions would be great.

no, there is no movement at all when I hit the power button.

it was proposed to me that the power supply may have got fried and could have enough juice to turn the mouse light on, but not to run the other stuff, so I'm going to try swapping it out for the old one.

Any other suggestions would still be appreciated.

Re: Similar

samuraiwarrior said:
I'm having the same problem right now.(on diffrent computer now)
i just sent my MSI motherboard in for repairs. My problem was the everything firesup fine, all the fans run, drives run, all my tricked out lights. But no video at all. I have one of the newest boards MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI, and my video card is a little old but very suitable i do game hard. EVGA Nvidia 6600GT
I love counter-Strike : Source, Half-Life 2, Farcry, Doom3, and I just recieved COD2 but havent been able to play that yet. I realized that MSI just want the MOBO and specificaly said not to send cables and all that. Well...........I sent the cables the say the part. Now I'm screwed over again.

Anyways I'm asking if anyone knows if MSI's RMA service is good?

Start a new topic in the appropriate Area, and tell us the whole story.

I tried swapping out the old power supply(the one that came with the case) and it did no good. So I'm guessing the next think is the motherboard?

I've got a GIGABYTE GA-K8U-939 motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64 3200 installed.

I was thinking I'd go down to Fry's Electronics today and get a new motherboard to try. Do you guys think that's the next logical step? or is there something else I should do?

I didn't want to make a new thread so I replied in this one.

I have about the same problem but the thing is, by computer turns on for 3 seconds, all my fans etc turn on then the computer just turns off. Do you guys have any idea about how I can fix this. I have a 3 month old PSU that is 500W which is enough power to power what I have (sig), and it has been working fine till lately, it just shuts down randomly(it shuts down, not reboot), and now it just won't turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom