Agp or Pci

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgb1515

Solid State Member
I`ve had my pc for about 3 years now,and can`t decide if i should buy a new mobo and agp graphics card or a brand new pci machine.

P4 2.66ghz (socket 478) *533*

1gig of 184dimm ddr333 pc2700

Gainward g-force-4 ti ultra 750/xp 128mb gs (agp4x)

If i bought another agp card like an 6800gt or x800xt would i be wasting my money with something that could be obsolete in a year or 2 ?, and would my processor struggle with a modern high end card ?.

I`ve found a dual mobo that can hold an agp or pci card.

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_P4Dual-880Pro.htm

I dont know if it would be worthwhile trying to mix new pci parts etc.. with my old and dusty ones.

I want to be able to max up the settings on games again, what do you think ,write off the £1100 ($1900) i spent 3 years ago and spend roughly the same again or upgrade ?

Any help or comments would be much appreciated

Yeah, and there hard to find aswell.i thought you meant to ditch the whole pc and buy a new one with proper pci-e .
If i go for that asrock dual mobo one then i will be limited to the 6800gt or x800.Its a shame that i can`t upgrade properly ,as my processor feels like its still got some gas left in the tank.

just stick with your current build for a little more and then do a new upgrade when AMD m2 sockets come out :D

Its socket AM2. Yes, stick with your build. Get a cheap card that will satisfy your gaming needs. Maybe 6600GT AGP? X800?

Roger

Get a whole new system. I have X800Xt and even though its a good card it gives me a lot of trouble founding compatible parts because all the world moved on to PCI-e leaving me behind with X800XT stuck up my ass.

Lol, yeah im still in 2 minds.was gonna go for a new agp 8x
mobo and a cheapish x800gt or xt,but fear that there will be little change in performance if im only spending £120($212) on a x800gt,i think i can find the right parts to upgrade,just need to know more about the difference between my g-force 4 and the
ati x800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom