trouble reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do i have the 1st boot is cd drive, then second is hd.. but it keeps sayin invalid system desk

i did everything u told me to do on that long post.. after i got done formating, i shut it down, and put in all 6 xp start disks in.... is that wut im suppose to do?

i tried to put in the cd before i put the xp boot disks in but it gave me that error

ok so do i need to do ur steps again? or wut do i do to get rid of that invalid disk error?

just start all over again, dont use the xp start up disks, use windows 98 startup disk, fdisk and format it, then insert the xp cd and you should be good to go. is this the original xp cd or did you make it?

original so i have to do everything over then format the c, d, e, and f and then restart, take out floppy and insert xp disk?

"Believe it or not, you have now successfully partitioned your drive.
Press Escape once more to exit FDISK. It will give you one last warning, telling you that you must restart the computer for the changes to take effect. Press Escape one more time.
You should now be back at the A:\> prompt. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to restart the computer. Again, let it boot from the boot floppy.
When it gets back to the A:\> prompt, type FORMAT C: to format the primary partition. When that finishes, type FORMAT D:, then FORMAT E:, then FORMAT F:, to format the remaining partitions."

yes that is wut u told me to do on that post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom