ccd not refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkitchen2002

Beta member
hi don't know how big a prob this is but when i put a disc in my dvd writer it won't refresh ie. it keeps the data from the last disc and no matter what i do i can't get rid of it, unless i reboot with the new disc in but obviously i don't want to keep doing that........

Yeah I have that problem with my laptop. I don't know the cause, nor the cure, but try refreshing with no disk in the computer, it works occationally for me.

No burning, I believe hes talking about viewing the contents in the cd. Its something about removable drives not being refeshed when the cd is changed. Basicly its like it reads a table of contents on the first read, then trys to use that table of contents for every cd afterward, it gives read errors whenever I would access a cd that did not belong to that first cds table of contents..... Also the cd did not spin up and read when the tray was closed, as usually it does. This is the only other encounter I've heard of with this.... bug? Nothing about burning.

I did reinstall the drivers with no success, but its really not a big enough problem for me to spend days attempting to track down, and I rarly use my laptop except when I go on long trips.

hi thanks for the response i seem to have solved the problem....it had something to do with the drive allocation instead of the usual a:\ c:\ d:\ e:\ etc. the order had gotten all wrong so e:\ was f:\ and d:\ was g:\ etc. went into admin tools and rearranged the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom