trouble reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4u

Daemon Poster
high im having trouble reformating.. first it wouldn't boot off the disk so then it went into windows 2000... i then clicked on the xp format disk, and it install buy the problem is i have both 2000 and xp on my hd.. i just want xp. so i made a xp boot disk and put it on 6 floppies.. i put them all in and when i got to the six one, it asked if i wanted to format my hd... i click yes and it did.. then when it got to 100%, it went to check how much disk space i have. and after it said there was an error.. the error reads "The following value in the .SIF file used by setup, is corrupted or missing: Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDisksFiles] with "Ke" or "key" i dont remember which one, i think it is key but after that it said "sp1.cab"

Setup cannot continue. to quit setup, press F3

this is important, i need it done today so i can print my homework which is due tomorrow!!

so all i do is put in the 98 boot disk, nothing else and restart? i dont put anything in my cd drive?

follow the guide. It will tell you.

you just boot from it, follow the prompts, after you do this fdisk and format, then you put in your xp cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom