6600gt? is it ok for future games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms0813

In Runtime
well i bought this and its sitting on my desk. not sure if i still want it. after hearing about the 2007 server or somethin like that for unreal championship or tournaments iunno seems the demands are gonna go sky high. well my question is for the future will the 6600gt be able to handle future games? if not i probly will exchange it for a 6800gs. will that evan hold up in the future? i guess the best bet is the 7800gt but dont have the money.

It will suffice for now and for probably a year or so. You can run almost any game with high detail settings and resolution with it as far as I'm aware.

If I were you I would probably hold off a little and look at saving a little extra. The 7800GT is still very expensive and overkill for the majority of users.

Shop around, you won't be disappointed with the 6600GT I'm sure, but as it's not at the cutting edge now it won't have the lifespan of the latest cards. I've just purchased a 6800GT for use in my new system, with the hope of adding a second in SLI sometime in the future. That could be an option for you, though it depends on if your current motherboard supports it.

Have a look around at benchmarks on the net and see if you think it performs well enough with todays games to handle those in future years. If not, hold off and save a little more.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom